Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Masterpuppet Theatre from Quirk Books



I am going to admit it... when I was younger and being forced to read Shakespeare I didn't enjoy it. Of course, now that I'm older and have a better understanding of his work I have more of an appreciation for it. But let me tell you something, if someone had broken this Masterpuppet Theatre out I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more.

This book, published by Quirk Books, is wonderful in some many ways. First of all, it comes with a book full of some of the most famous works from Shakespeare. It also comes with a variety of backgrounds and 60 finger puppets.

Shakespeare is one of the most famous writer's of all time. But for many it can seem as though he is speaking a foreign language. This set makes it fun and engaging to explore the romance, drama, violence, and mystery portrayed through many of his scenes. By simply making the experience more visual and interactive you take the written words to a new level. You can also get very creative and change the endings, mix up the characters, get carried away with it!

This is perfect for a teen struggling to get interested, someone who is a huge Shakespeare fan, or anyone who has an appreciation for great literature.

7 comments:

Ambrosia said...

The finger legs are cracking me up! What a good idea, though to make Shakespeare more fun!

Lara said...

Aren't they hysterical! I think it's brilliant... making Shakespeare fun!

Jenn said...

Thats too funny but looks like fun!

Krista said...

This is too awesome!!!! Macbeth is my favorite Shakespeare play...what is yours?

Lara said...

Nice.. I'm an old school romantic so I have to go with Romeo and Juliet :)

Mom vs. the boys said...

ha too funny! great for teens learning the art though

Show Me Mama said...

I just love these- Very unique with the finger legs- I know it made me laugh when I saw it. Thanks for sharing :)