Friday, February 28, 2014

Is That My Cat? by Jonathan Allen


"Is that my cat? It can't be. My cat is a slim, sleek pussy cat." But something's up with this rather large kitty - the same one who used to fit through the cat door, climbed the trees fearlessly, and always wanted to play.

Now, it takes two hands to pick her up, and now this fussy eater finishes all her food! In true Jonathan Allen style, the story unfolds little by little, page by page - keeping us guessing right up until the end, when we get a BIG, happy surprise.

Jonathan Allen has created many wonderful picture books for children, including Don't Copy Me, The Little Rabbit Who Liked to Say Moo, and I'm Not Ready! Jonathan's observant and subtle wit appeals to children and adults alike, and his million-selling Baby Owl series has brought him international success. Jonathan lives happily in a quiet village in South Cambridgeshire, England.

Published by Sterling Children's Books

My Thoughts:
When I was a little girl I had a cat. A VERY fat cat. This cat was so fat that her belly would almost touch the ground and it looked like she waddled when she walked. She would eat everything in sight! Including the dog's food. She was a good jumper, but once she jumped up she would lay down and take a nap.

My daughter loves to hear me tell tales of my beloved fat cat. So she loved that this cat was so fat and had many of the characteristics of my kitty. But the big difference was that my cat did not have a special surprise for me. The ending was my daughter's favorite part!

Jonathan Allen has created a fun and bright story that my family loves to read together!  We were all engaged by the tale of this cat until the very end.

0 comments: