Friday, September 26, 2014

DUCK IN THE FRIDGE by Jeff Mack


DUCK IN THE FRIDGE
by Jeff Mack

It's time for bed, but that doesn't mean it's time for the same old boring bedtime story. This one starts with a boy who discovers a duck in his fridge. Soon there are more ducks, and the only thing they are interested in is having fun. So the boy gets some dogs to scare them away...but things don't quite go the way he planned. More and more animals arrive, and soon there's a party. Will the boy ever be able to get to sleep?

My Thoughts:
When this book arrived and I took a quick read through, I knew that this was the perfect book for my husband to read to my daughter before bed. So for this review I was able to sit back and observe the storytelling, rather than being the reader. This was the perfect perspective for me!

The book is very silly, and silly books are my husband's thing! He gets excited as the story gets exciting. And my daughter just feeds off of that! The two of them were having a ball with all the silly things happening in the story. And the illustrations were so bright and colorful that my daughter was fully engaged with what was happening on the pages.

The story basically tells the tale of why a dad reads Mother Goose to his son every night. I won't ruin the surprise ending, you will have to check it out for yourself! But all the animals that join in throughout the book bring humor and trouble to a little boy's bedtime. The only problem we had was that daughter wanted a pizza party at bedtime! 

This is a super fun book that kids will get a kick out of! 

0 comments: