Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: Heart of Christmas DVD



Synopsis:
The Heart of Christmastells the story of Austin and Julie Locke, who are devastated to learn that their young son, Dax, has been diagnosed with cancer.  With courage, determination and faith, they decide to give Dax one last Christmas – even if it has to be in October.  When the community sees the holiday decorations and learns the heartbreaking truth, what happens next is a miraculous outpouring of care and support.  The Heart of Christmas will touch your heart and bring home the spirit of the holidays.

Cast:
Candace Cameron Bure: Make It or Break It
Jeannie Nielson: Faith Like Potatoes
George Newburn: Father of the Bride
Erin Bethea: Fireproof
Matthew West Grammy-nominated Christian Singer

My Thoughts:
I love holiday movies. I feel like sitting down with a good movie filled with holiday decorations, music, and the feeling of family makes the season merry and bright. When I first read about this movie I had some hesitations about watching it. It sounded so sad. As a mother, I wasn't sure this was the kind of movie I wanted to be watching to get myself in the holiday spirit. The idea of facing the fact that your child has cancer and may not live to see one more Christmas is an unbearable thought that I wouldn't even want in my head.

But I decided to give the movie a try. I have to admit it was an emotional movie. The feelings of love and fear from the parents was very relatable and feelings I never want to experience. But there were also moments of pure joy, watching this incredibly strong little boy lift the spirits of those around him. It has made me look at my family in a whole new light. I have always appreciated them and been thankful for their health, but now I feel even more thankful. It has put the meaning of Christmas into perspective. It isn't about gifts, it's about being with the ones you love and being so thankful for all that you have.

This is a powerful movie that will bring tears to your eyes and joy to your heart. The characters are really fabulous and you feel like you really know them. You experience their struggles, you feel their joy, you cry with them. There is a lot of Christmas magic in this movie.

0 comments: