Monday, October 21, 2013

ABC Animals - from The Museum of Natural History


Twenty-six letters -- 26 animals friends! From Armadillo, with it's long sticky tongue, to chimps that greet each other with kisses, to the slow-swimming manatee and plant-munching zebra, this delightful board book from the American Museum of Natural History introduces children to both the alphabet and some of the most interesting creatures displayed in the museum's galleries.

Featuring extra-large letters, fun facts, and bright eye-catching photos on every page, ABC Animals will enchant and teach preschoolers important reading skills.

My Thoughts:
With a one year old and a 4 year old in my house we have a ton of board books and lots of them are about animals. This is by far my favorite! I love this book because of the versatility it allows me when reading with my kids. I can introduce my son to animals and make some animals sounds while showing the same animals to my daughter and providing her with the letter identification and fun animals facts. There is just so much you can do with this one book to bring learning to kids of a variety of ages.

One of the qualities about this book that really stands out to me is that they use different animals then just the ones you typically see in toddler/preschool animals books.... and they use really fun facts that my daughter enjoys hearing and then remembers! It is so much fun to share this book with my kids!

Recommended for ages 2-5.

0 comments: