Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holiday Gift Guide - Joovy Groove UltraLight


This year I had something on my list that every mom and dad need. A great, lightweight stroller. Our family is headed off on a great adventure in the New Year... a trip to Disney World! Since we will be traveling with two kids and 5 adults we decided that it would be a better idea to bring two single strollers rather than one double. This way we can split up throughout the day.

Traveling with a baby as young as my son will be a first for me. So I had a checklist of things that I was looking for in a single stroller. It has to be light. On and off buses all day.... the lighter the better! We need to be able to functionally use the basket. Between sweatshirts and souvenirs... the basket can get full fast! It has to recline. I am hoping he will be able to nap on the go and avoid going back to the hotel. There has to be a canopy and it needs to provide enough shade. The Florida sun can be hot!

With lots of research and a bit of experience, my letter to Santa was written. I was wishing for a Joovy Groove UltraLight. And then.... Christmas came early! I was given the opportunity to check one out in person for review. Woohoo!

I have some experience with Joovy and LOVE my double stroller, the ScooterX2. So I felt confident that this stroller would meet my expectations. What I actually found was that it exceeded them... greatly.

Every point on my list was met:
Lightweight: only 12.78 pounds - and it has a carry strap! Toss it over your shoulder and go!
Functional basket: Large and easily accessible!
Recline: Unlimited recline positions to 149 degrees
Canopy: Oversized (perhaps my favorite feature... the canopy is huge!)

The Groove UltraLight was very easy to put together. All we had to do was attach the wheels, put on the canopy and attach the shoulder straps. Within minutes we were ready to go!
We got the Blueberry color.... and I love it! 

I have fallen so in love with this stroller and all of the fabulous features that I now want to replace our other single stroller with a Groove UltraLight to better meet the needs of my daughter. The back is nice and high, which would allow for her to nap should the occasion arise (oh please please please!). I also love the idea of providing her with the great shade that Joovy's canopies cover. And the handles are so nice and high that this stroller is just over-all more comfortable for my husband and I to push. Not to mention the cup holder... crucial for my husband who loves to have a beverage on hand.


Our Donald Duck has already checked it out and given it his seal of approval.

Joovy has never let me down with their great way of thinking, functional designs, great color options, and quality of products. But perhaps what really makes this company stand out is it's customer service. I had to call with a quick question and they were so friendly and dedicated to making sure everything was perfect. They had an answer for every question and made me feel comfortable. Two thumbs up!

Make sure you check out their website to learn more about the Joovy Groove UltraLight, as well as the other great products they carry. You just might find the perfect gift for someone on your list... or one for yourself! You can also follow them on Facebook for the latest news and great contests and giveaways!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable!!! We love our Groove. It's like a glorified umbrella stroller. Small but with all the bells and whistles. I always get tons of compliments!

Rowan Isobel said...

Up to now, I always believe in Joovy products, I am using the Joovy Groove UltraLight everyday, before I had researched carefully before purchasing this stroller, And now I don't regret. I find It was easy to assemble. The frame is solid and i love all features