Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baby Update!


We are well into the second trimester over here and I am waiting for that burst of energy that everyone keeps talking about. For some reason I find myself as worn out as I was during the first trimester. I did bring it up with my doctor, as I find myself going to bed at 8:00 every night! He seemed fine with this and said that I can also blame the heat and the fact that I have a three year old to tend to. I suppose that makes sense.

Aside from the exhaustion, everything is going well! My body seems to remember being pregnant and has settled in to it's stretched out state with quite the bump showing at only 19 weeks. I will try and get a picture to post soon. The only complaint I have with the big belly is that sleeping is already becoming uncomfortable. That didn't happen until much later on with my first!

I had a dr's appointment yesterday and he measured my belly. Then he looked at me and asked how much my first baby weighed. I answered with the shocking 9 pounds 11 ounces. He then smiled and said, "yup, you are right on track for another 9 pound baby." I have mixed feeling about this. I much prefer the baby be bigger rather than underweight. I did feel that my daughter came out very strong since she was so big. But I also feel like I missed the whole "newborn" phase. Some 2 month olds are only 9 pounds! Well, as long as he's healthy I will be happy!

I guess that's it for updates for now. I am enjoying an uneventful pregnancy and will post again soon!

2 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

Wow, you can tell I have been away for a little bit. I did not know you were pregnant. Congratulations! Isn't it wonderful. My little man is now 3 months old and daughter 6 years. Yours are much closer in age than mine are. I am so happy for you.

Lara said...

Thanks!! How are things going with your little guy? Hope all is well!!