Sunday, February 21, 2010

Childproofing

Ok, I'm still working on my 30 before 30 List. It's really hard! At this rate I should have "finish my 30 before 30 list" on my list! So my mind is drawing a blank about the rest of the list, so I'll have to come back to it after a few more weeks.

In the mean time..... I've come to the realization that I am a little bit insane. As I mentioned a couple posts ago, my daughter is crawling. Not only is she crawling.... fast.... she is also pulling herself up on everything. She's incredibly mobile and wearing me out.

I have been researching and purchasing childproofing gadgets since she was born. Yes, insane. So I now have a large gate across the double wide doorway from the kitchen to the living room, outlet covers on every outlet, wires twist tied and hidden behind couches, fireplaces and electronics blocked and door knobs secured. Yup, doorknobs. No, she can't reach the door knobs.... but yes, they are childproofed. And yet I am still a nervous wreck about leaving her in the care of anyone but me. I feel like now that she can move no one will watch her carefully enough. I can't even think of any more precautions that I could take to make this room safe for her... but I continue to dwell on it. Sheesh... being a mommy is a stressful job! I guess what it comes down to is that she is the most important thing in the world to me... and I would do anything and everything to protect her. Even if people think I'm nuts! :)

But as a crazy mom.... the one thing that I know I could NEVER live without is my play yard.
This play yard has been amazing! It's a good size (my husband can fit comfortably in there with my little one) and totally portable. I keep it open and use it to block off my fireplace on a regular basis. But I love that I can close it up and have her contained if I need to. I also think it will be a huge help in the summer when we want to be outside and in a safe little area (especially when at the lake).


0 comments: