Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cooking Made Easy

I really like to cook, but when you have a baby you just never seem to have the time. I have to plan meals that can be prepped and cooked within an hour or tossed in a crock pot. This way when my DH gets home from work He can take over baby duty while I cook... and we can still eat at a somewhat reasonable time.

Once you throw working into the mix cooking begins to seem next to impossible. Seriously, I don't know how full time working moms do it! As I said before, I work 2 days a week. Wednesday are my long days and I get home a little after 4. Thursdays are shorter and I am home by 3. So on Wednesdays I use my trusty crock pot for all my cooking needs. Seriously, I use it EVERY Wednesday! I plan a week ahead to try a new recipe, order my ingredients through Peapod (because really... who has time to food shop?), prep the night before and throw it in the pot that morning. I come home to an amazingly fragrant house and a couple of free hours to devote to my little love bug!

I'm going to start sharing some of my recipes... because I know I am always looking for some ideas and maybe this will help someone out!

This week.... London Broil

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
  • 1 1/2 pounds London broil
  • small jar (4 to 6 ounces) of mushrooms, drained
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 pkg dry onion soup mix

Preparation:

Mix together flour, ground black pepper, and paprika; rub London broil with mixture then put in crock pot. In a bowl, combine mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, and onion soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.

This literally falls apart. Melt in your mouth good!

0 comments: