Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New "Watch Me Grow" Books from Sterling Kids

Written by Mary Packard and Illustrated by Lisa McCue

Little Chipmunk's Wiggly, Wobbly Tooth

Wiggle, wobble - what's going on? Little Chipmunk has always been so proud of his two front teeth, but now one is loose! He can't eat his favorite foods or whistle, and he feels too embarrassed to tell anyone. What should he do? This is the perfect story for every child who's lost a first tooth...and their smile, too.

My Thoughts:
My daughter recently came to me and asked me to help her pull her tooth out so the tooth fairy could come. For some kids the idea of losing a tooth is very exciting. For others it could be a little scary. But all kids are going to experience something new when that very first tooth starts to get loose. I think this story is the perfect one to share with your child to ease some of the anxiety and help them understand that it's a normal thing that happens to everyone. The illustrations are bright and cheerful and message is short and sweet. 

Little Raccoon Learns to Share

What luscious berries Little Raccoon has picked! She wants to eat them ALL. So when she spies her friends coming by, she hides behind a bush. Will Little Raccoon end up keeping the berries to herself - or will she see how rewarding sharing can be?

My Thoughts:
When this book arrived I saw the title and thought to myself, this couldn't have come at a more perfect time. My daughter is almost 4 and just starting to get to the point where she doesn't want to share. So we sat down to read this story together and now she often asks for it. It is a sweet tale that kids can really relate to. The message that is portrayed through this story is age appropriate and so important. 

I would highly recommend both of these books for the little ones in your life. They touch on real issues in a fun and lighthearted way. We truly enjoyed them!

0 comments: