Thursday, July 7, 2011

flipflop Wines Review

Over Memorial Day weekend my family and I had the opportunity to sample some of the flipflop wines. My family was thoroughly impressed. My mom was even itching to get her hands on another bottle of the Riesling, as that one was her favorite. You can check out my previous review here.

So when I was given the opportunity to try some of the other types of flipflop wine I jumped at the chance. The flipflop collection includes Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Moscato, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Noir. For this time around we received a bottle of the Chardonnay and a bottle of the Cabernet. Since it was another holiday weekend I was able to share the bottles again. This way I could get the opinions of a number of people. 


I was not surprised when the wine received rave reviews. I received comments about the bottle (the women loved the design and commented on how perfect for summer this collection is), the wonderful taste, and the fantastic information provided on the back. I pointed this out to my friends and family as this is one of my favorite parts. On the back label they spell everything out from the flavor, to what food pairs nicely with it, to how it should be served. It even gives you a little scale to see if it is dry, medium dry, medium sweet, or sweet. It's easy to read and understand, quickly making you an expert!


My guests were shocked to learn about the price when I told them that these bottles of wine retail for about $7.99. You can't beat that price. Then I continued to tell them about the Soles4Souls program that flipflop wines is involved with. flipflop wines has paired with Soles4Souls to help bring free foot wear to those who need it most. For every bottle sold (up to 100,000 bottles) this program will give one pair of flip-flop sandals to someone in need. Now this really blew them away. An unbelievable price and a great cause? I'll drink to that!


You can also check out flipflop wines on Facebook!!

2 comments:

ElmoFan said...

Wow! I need to stop at the liquor store tonight! Sounds delicious!

Lara said...

It is delicious!! I've tried 5 of their flavors and loved each one. Can't beat it!