Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mine, Mine, Mine!

I think my daughter's new favorite word is mine. As an only child she doesn't have to share often. Whenever we have play dates she is so excited to have new friends over that she practically hands over all her toys. She just stands there and smiles as other kids play with her toys. But with mommy and daddy everything is hers. My iPad... hers. My phone.... hers. Even when I want to hug my husband she wants him all to herself!

Well, this weekend she shocked me. We went to a birthday party for one of her best little buddies. She's always an easy going kid who is just thrilled to be someplace new and play. But at this party she turned into a little monster at present time. Everything was hers! She even went so far as so rip open one of the birthday girl's presents! I know this is probably totally normal and typical of most 2 year olds. But I was so embarrassed! Where did my sweet little sharer go?