Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Squirmy Wormy #SlipOnHUGGIES

I was talking to my grandma the other day and she asked what the toughest thing about my daughter was at this stage. I was a little happy to say that right now my biggest challenge is changing her diaper. I mean, she's in her terrible two's! Shouldn't there be something worse on the top of my list. I mean, sure, we have our meltdowns and periods in time out. But I seriously DREAD diaper time. My husband and I fight over who's turn it is when he's home. It's such a production!

As soon as we utter the word "diaper" the drama starts. She runs away and tries to hide. Well, you can run but you can't hide! Then I pick her up and she goes wet noodle. Oh fun. Once she's on the changing mat I have to hold her down... please note that I have opened the wipes and the new diaper before this process started because there is no way I would be able to do either of those things while holding her down. This is where the kicking starts. And she kicks hard!

Whoa is me. So I have spent many days trying different things to get her to lay still during a diaper change. The best thing I could figure out was the iPad. She absolutely loves to get her hands on my iPad, so during diaper changes I put on a fun app or a video on YouTube and she tends to lay still. I am not above bribery either. I sometimes promise a snack if she's good. Or I let her hold one of her favorite toys. Every once in awhile me singing to her will work. But I don't think she's too crazy about my voice. So I tend to get a better response with the toy, promise of a snack, or the ever popular iPad.

So the other day I was watching TV and I saw an ad for the Little Movers Slip on Diapers. These immediately caught my attention as I thought wow... that would make my life easier. I would love to be able to just slip them on her. And potty training is.... hopefully... right around the corner. So this style could be really beneficial for getting her ready for potty training and using pull ups.

I am really intrigued by these new diapers and will be looking for them the next time I am out and about. But I am also interested in knowing what you do to tame the squirmy wormy during diaper time?

The Huggies® community brings parents together so that you and your babies fully enjoy every day, whatever the day presents. Enjoy the ride with Huggies®.

More info on Huggies: http://www.huggies.com

Like Huggies on Facebook

Follow @huggies on Twitter


I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Huggies blogging program, for a gift card worth $35. For more information on how you can participate, click here

4 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

oh wow that does sound like an ordeal! my little guy went and got himself a diaper yesterday morning, brought it to me while I was still in bed and said 'poop' lol it was so weird! he usually runs away too, I'm hoping it's a sign potty training is coming

Unknown said...

I love it! You use the iPad. Hey, I promise to sit still if you would get me one! LOL. And you're not the only one that's not above bribery. Spiderman fruit snacks works good for my little one!

Lara said...

Oh Jenn, if you are on the verge of potty training I am very jealous!! And I will be turning to you for advice!! Emmi, I'm glad I'm not the only one bribing... haha! And yeah, I would do it for an iPad.. haha!

Jenn said...

I hadn't seen those!! Neat!