Produce for Kids have teamed up for the Healthy School, Healthy Minds campaign that is running now through October 20th.
Local shoppers can contribute to this cause and support your local schools by adding produce to their Stop & Shop shopping lists. During the campaign, participating fresh fruit and vegetable suppliers will make a donation based on consumption of their fresh produce items to DonorsChoose.org, which will support local classroom projects.
Shoppers can be on the lookout for the Produce for Kids display unit, featuring characters from popular Sprout shows, LazyTown™ and Noodle and Doodle, in the produce section of their local Stop & Shop store. The more items shoppers add to their shopping lists, the more local classrooms will benefit!
This is a win-win situation for all! You would be getting fresh, healthy produce for you and your family and the local schools would benefit from your purchases.
Stop & Shop will also feature the Ideal Meals™ program from Produce for Kids in the produce department. Ideal Meals cards provide 12 quick, easy, and healthy chef-created/dietitian-approved complete meal solutions for breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts.
Here is the Baja Breakfast Burrito:
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· ½ cup bell peppers, seeded, diced
· ½ cup onions, diced
· 1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
· ½ cup tomatoes, diced
· 1 cup spinach, cooked, drained
· ⅓ cup salsa
· 6 large eggs, scrambled, cooked until firm
· 4 whole wheat tortillas· ½ avocado, peeled, sliced
· 12 cucumber slices
1. Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add peppers and onions, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender and browned.
2. Add beans, tomatoes and spinach. Cook until beans are heated through, stirring often.
3. Remove from heat and set aside. Mix in salsa.
4. Assemble tortillas by adding eggs, bean/vegetable mixture, avocado and cucumber.
Nutrition Information:Baja Breakfast Burrito Calories 472; Fat 16.42g; Protein 25.36g; Carbohydrate 55.84g; Fiber 10.87g; Cholesterol 288mg; Sodium 371mg; Calcium 443mg; Vitamin A 2092 IU; Vitamin C 31.65mg; Iron 4.04mg
Produce for Kids has also launched a Pinterest contest where you could win gift cards to your local grocery store. Check it out HERE for more information.
* I received a gift card in exchange for sharing information about this campaign.