Thursday, November 29, 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: GUND

                                           

If you are looking for great holiday gifts this year, GUND has got your covered! 

For more than a century, GUND has been creating unique teddy bears and other soft toys recognized the world over for their quality and innovation.
The leading soft toy manufacturer in the U.S., and also the oldest, GUND was founded by German immigrant Adolph Gund in Norwalk, Conneticut in 1898. GUND was one of the first companies to design and produce teddy bears in the early 1900's.
Today, the company manufactures an extensive collection of unique characters licensed plush under the GUND and babyGUND brands.

I have been a fan of GUND products for many years. My husband gave me a GUND teddy bear when we started dating. He has unique features and is the cuddliest teddy bear I've ever owned. He has been my number one bear for 9 years now, and is still very much loved.

This holiday season I had the amazing opportunity to check out some of the hottest toys, perfect for any kid on your list. GUND sent me some samples for my three year old daughter and my infant son, so I have some nice variety to share with you!
My First Drum (ages newborn and up)
When your kid grows up they just might want to be a rock star. Get them started GUND My First Drum! Children will delight in the fun as they tap the yellow star of this playful plush drum to hear enjoyable sounds.

I adore this toy. You can turn the sound on and off on the battery pack. The toy is a good size and the entire thing is soft, making it a safe toy for even the youngest musician to explore. You don't have to hit the star too hard to hear the music, so kids are sure to discover it's musical potential in moments!
Boo (ages 1 year old and up)
Boo, the internet sensation, with 4 million Facebook fans and the star of his own book, calendar and YouTube videos, is finally available, just in time for the holidays, in plush for fans to love at home! The GUND version of Boo is the spitting image of the famous Pomeranian.... right down to his loveable smile!

Boo is so incredibly soft! When I took him out of the box I couldn't help but hug him. I have seen his adorable face all over the internet this holidays season (has anyone caught him as the star of the holiday toys page on Amazon?). He is the perfect companion for any lucky little girl or boy this year.

GUND Girls (ages 3 years old and up)
Ideal for fashion-obsessed youngsters in your list, GUND Girls are huggably soft 17-inch fashionistas with unique personalities and signature styles. The BFFS - "best friends in fashion" - come with one removable outfit for dress-up play. GUND Girls Brooklyn, Sloan, DeeDee and Emma all sport colorful hair highlights that show off their funky fashions, while unique, chunky shoes keep their style young and playful.

This doll is perfect for my daughter. She is quite the little fashionista and loves Brooklyn's pink outfit, bow and shoes. They are perfect little pals and I am looking to add more girls to her little collection!
HuggyBuddy Bumble Bee (ages newborn and up)
This Huggybuddy bumble bee has a yellow satin underside, to compliment an extra-soft fabric top of fluffy yellow stripes with contrasting dark gray stripes and white polka dots. Makes a great security blankie for baby, and a perfect newborn gift!

This bumble bee is too cute. The picture does not do him justice.. you have to see and feel him in person. He is a the perfect size for little ones to cuddle. His is so soft and cuddly. I can see him easily becoming a favorite of many little babies!

GUND clearly takes pride in their products. They are unique and cute, but more importantly, they are built to last. Their quality makes them stand out from the rest. I am thrilled with all four of the toys I received and am always on the lookout to see what GUND is coming up with next. 

You can visit their website to learn more about these products and others. 

1 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

What a great site! These will make great gifts for the little ones :) Thanks for sharing.