Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Parenthood


101 Heartwarming and Humorous Stories about the Joy of Raising Children

Parenting - it's a tough job, but also the best. Filled with anecdotes and advice from parents raising children of all ages, this book will uplift, inspire, and encourage you. Other parents, just like you, share their personal stories about all the joys, and the trials, of raising children. This book will tough your heart, make you laugh, and remind you why there is no better job than being a parent!

My Thoughts:
The description of this book truly captures it's essence. Parenting is the hardest, most challenging, most exhausting job I can imagine. We work 24/7 365 days a year. Holidays and weekends we are on duty. There is no such thing as sick days. But through it all... there is nothing I would rather do then be a mommy to my two children.

Sometimes the days are long and the problems seem to come one after another. Just sitting down with this book has helped me to put things into perspective. I have laughed with other parents that I have never met but immediately felt like I knew exactly what they were talking about. I have silently thanked a stranger for putting into word just how I am feeling. And I have sighed a sigh of relief when reading a story that let me know I am not alone and the tough times and issues will get better.

This book is a great collection of stories that represent parenthood. The ups and downs, the laughter and tears. And the realization that life flashes before our eyes and our children grow up way too fast.

This is a wonderful book for new parents and old. For parents preparing for a child and for parents feeling the pain of being empty nesters. And for all of us in between. 

0 comments: