Thursday, April 15, 2010

Alphabet Rockers Review

Alphabet Rockers is a great CD! The CD has a collection of 13 educational and fun songs. They cover things from counting to the days of the week to welcoming a new kid to school. The CD is geared toward school age children, but my 10 month old daughter loves the rhythm and beat. I am happy to put it on for her because whatever she picks up from it is great!

I looked at this CD from both a parents perspective as well as a teacher's perspective. I wish that I had this CD when I was teaching in the classrooms! They even have a song about the 100th day of school! We always had a celebration that day and this song would have been perfect! The music is very upbeat and not your typical traditional circle time songs. It encourages movement throughout and is much more modern.  With my current educational position I observe a lot of circle time activities and I think this would be a great addition to any young classroom (preschool through elementary)!

From a parents perspective I also love it for a lot of the same reasons. But it helps to carry important skills over in the home. By doing that with music you make it a fun learning experience. It's an easy thing to pop in the CD player in the car and sing and learn as you go about with your busy lives. It's also a great way to get your kids excited about school and encourage a positive outlook.
She obviously loved the music!

The CD has received numerous awards and I can see why! If you are interested in high energy, fun, educational music for your kids then you should definitely check out the Alphabet Rockers!!

2 comments:

Kyrstin said...

Thanks for sharing. I was just thinking the other day that I need to find an educational fun CD for my 5 year old!! I am going to check this one out.

Alphabet Rockers said...

Thanks for listening to us, Momma Drama! We love you too! We're gearing up for CD # 2 and will keep you posted... Until then, keep on rocking!