Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Think I've Gone Over the Edge

I am embarrassed to say that last night I uttered the words "paper-cut" and "hospital" in the same sentence. Oh yes, I have gone over the edge. My daughter got her first "boo boo," which we discovered by seeing blood all over the sliding glass door. So immediately I thought the worst! But when I examined it closer it was only a paper cut. The concern came in after I washed and cleaned it, after I held a paper towel for pressure, and after I looked down and it was still gushing blood. Ok, gushing could be a little dramatic. But it was my daughters blood and it's supposed to stay in her body! So the thoughts that ran through my head were totally insane, including "what if she's a hemophiliac!" Yes, I know... I was being totally insane. Needless to say the bleeding did stop and she survived her first paper cut!

6 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, i hope she is ok :) Paper cuts might be small but are sure painful to me. I am already following from Tag, your it!
Come by and visit any time http://showmemama.blogspot.com

Show Me Mama said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I entered your wonderful Little Twigs giveaway!

Jennifer said...

LOL I'm sure she is fine! I just nicked my little man with the nail clippers and nearly had a heart attack when it bled a little. His first boo boo!! I even put a band aid on it even though he got it off within minutes :(

Tag! You're it!

Tree said...

LOL Be prepared for LOTS more "fun" things from your little girl. I have 5 kiddos (ages 7 to 21) and I can't tell you how many "heart attacks" I've had over the years. Paper cuts DO hurt like heck too.

parenting ad absurdum said...

I'm terrified of our first "serious" injury - we've had blood, nothing more - but with two boys I've been warned that broken bones are right around the corner. Gah!

The Freebie Addiction said...

Lol glad all is well with your first paper cut.

You've been tagged, now you're it. =)

http://www.thefreebieaddiction.com