Monday, April 12, 2010

Who Does That?!?

I don't know about everyone else, but I almost never use my ATM card. I haven't used it in probably 2 years. But I have one anyway, and I keep it on me in case I need it. So the other night I went out with my girlfriends and I had specifically put some cash aside because it's always easier to pay cash when in a group.

Well, of course I wouldn't remember my cash. I haven't remembered anything since my daughter was born so why should this be different. So I run to the ATM. I can't for the life of me remember my pin. The line behind me is growing and I am pressing numbers left and right trying to get my money and stop embarrassing myself.

I finally have to step to the side and call my husband! "Help! I need you to tell me my pin number!" Darling husband, "why would I know your pin number, it's YOUR pin number." FABULOUS! Get back in line, try again. "You have exceeded your number of tries." The machine starts bugging out. It's throwing receipts out at me and beeping and flashing like I was trying to rob the thing!

Again, I am so embarrassed. A grown woman looking like a freak at the ATM machine. So I get out of line... again. I wait a couple minutes and finally I'm SURE I remembered my code. I get back on line, type in my code.... "Your account has been frozen." AWESOME.

At least the night got better from there! I charged my meal and had a wonderful night with the girls. My account is still frozen. Whoops :)

11 comments:

parenting ad absurdum said...

I had to call my husband at work one day to tell me our zip code... and we've lived in the same house for eight years. That Mama-brain is just so darn full of other stuff!

Lara said...

Haha! That's great! Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone!! :)

a real life mom said...

I am laughing so hard right now that I'm afraid I am going to wake my sleeping baby!! Great Post.

Amy said...

Oh man. I went out with the girls a few weeks ago and left my whole wallet at home so you still have me beat. I called my husband to see if it was at home and he told me that my oldest had been playing with it earlier and her forgot to tell me. So I got to run home and pick up my wallet. By the time I got back everyone was already eating. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Very funny!

i couldn't remember it for the life of me and I'm always terrified of forgetting my credit card number and i use that one all the time!

Definitely not alone!

Lara said...

Oh ladies, you make me feel so much better! Thanks :)

nicole flowers said...

I forgot my pin a while back, i ended up changing it to something obvious so i wouldn't forget it again. Hubby says someone will figure it out but I really don't care...I need to be able to remember it!

Teddy Started It said...

OMG! I had no idea I had so much company in this 'mommy brain' thing. At least a half a dozen times a day I find myself walking towards a room in my house w/absolutely NO idea of why I'm going there. I swear, I can't remember things for even 5 minutes these days! Makes me crazy...or maybe it just makes me FEEL crazy...or...I don't know...I can't remember;p

A late fly-by from FF - yeah, I forgot that too;D

Lara said...

Hahaha!! The mommy brain seems to be highly contagious! I walk into rooms and can't remember why all the time!!

Fashionable Mama said...

That's so funny!

For me it's the opposite, I use my cash card ALL the time, it seems to be the norm here in Sweden, and I have forgotten what cash looks like.

I always end up in apickle when I am in a situation when they don't accept cards and take cash only. I always have to borrow from friends, very embarrasing.

Thanks for stopping by!
Tove - FM

Tree said...

HAHAHA...Oh geez! That sounds like a disaster! LOL I'm the total opposite....I use my debit card for EVERYTHING!