Saturday, April 10, 2010

Girls Day and Night!

I am super excited! This just goes to show how little of a social life I have, but I'm excited anyway! Today I am getting together with a bunch of my girlfriends from college! We are going to get pedicures and have dinner at The Melting Pot, really live it up!

Two years ago this would have been an average weekend, but now it's THE event. It requires 3 weeks of planning and e-mailing back and forth. Reservations and appointments made in advance. Babysitters (or husbands). And an "outfit."

Yes, life has changed drastically since our college days. And even since the few years after when we were all living on our own schedules. But now my weekends are spent food shopping, going to the playground and watching Nick Jr.. But I wouldn't change it for the world!

I love seeing my girls. And I know we are going to have the best time ever! But I also know that the baby will be on my kind the whole time. My husband will have instructions to text me pictures of her throughout the day and night. And I will want to be home by bedtime so I can do my special routine with her. I have my priorities now. Wow, I'm a grownup and a parent!!
Here is a picture of me and my girls from several years back. Some friendships are made to last a lifetime! Call or e-mail your favorite girlfriends today. You'll be happy you did!