Saturday, January 29, 2011

Purex Complete Crystals Softener Review

I never really paid too much attention to my laundry detergent or fabric softeners until I had a baby. Then suddenly I was reading the backs of bottles, looking things up online, and trying to find the safest, most effective products possible. So when I was given the opportunity to review the new Purex Complete Crystals Softener I started to do my reading.

I learned so much about fabric softener by looking into this product. I had no idea that most fabric softeners are oil based. Ew, I really don't want my clothes and towels getting coated in oil. I also didn't know that the oil that is coating them can actually make your towels less absorbent. Isn't that kind of the point of towels? To absorb moisture?

But what shocked me the most was that this oil can interfere with your child's sleepwear's flame retardant qualities. That's pretty scary! So when reading up about the Purex Crystals I was so happy to learn that they are 92% natural, not oil based. So they won't coat your clothing with oils, but rather penetrate the fabric giving you freshness that lasts much longer!

Let's give it a whirl! I used the crystals in a nice big load of towels. First of all, I poured them into my hand to get an idea od how much I was using, what they felt like, and what they smelled like. Oh wow, freshness! They smelled so good. They left a scent on my hand afterward so I went and shoved my hand in my husbands face. He also agreed that it smelled so fresh and clean!

Obviously the scent on my hand was pretty strong, but once the crystals went through the wash everything came out smelling so nice. A subtle freshness that lasted through the drier and made me want to wrap up in my fresh clean towels!

I would definitely recommend that you look for Purex Complete Crystals Softener at your local major retailer!

2 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

I just love it when my towels and clothes smell fresh, clean and soft. So, based on your review, I have to try it out. Thanks for sharing

Jenn said...

Nice! I'll have to try that. I've never seen it before. Thanks for sharing!