Friday, January 21, 2011

Table For Two

My parents are empty nester's who have fully embraced becoming grandparents! They bought their most recent home when my sister was in college and I was in high school. So we knew that the home was bought as their dream home. It's a gorgeous house on a lake with huge windows that let in tons of light. But recently their "beach" style has changed and become more of a "baby" style. Toys.... everywhere!

The most recent change was that they took down their kitchen table. Yes, you heard that correctly. They took it down to turn their breakfast nook into a play kitchen area for my daughter. Talk about being wrapped around a tiny finger! But they do have some nice high counters in that area that would make for a perfect bar. This would allow them to keep the play area, but also have some eating space so that they don't have to eat all their meals at the dining room table.

When I mentioned the idea of barstools to them they actually really liked it. So it's time to start looking! CSN has an amazing selection of modern bar stools that would look great in their home! Their kitchen is pretty modern looking with white walls and a white marble counter top. They also have really cool lights hanging over the bar. So my first thought was to go with something in silver to match the lights. How about these?
Then I also really liked the look of this... bu I think they might need a back on them for some more support:
This one also stood out to me and they look comfy... but it might be too much white throughout the kitchen:
Tada! Talk about a combo... the silver color, soft cushion on the seat, and back support:
I love this look. I think it's trendy without being too off the beaten track. I am excited to show my ideas to my parents! I'll let you know what they think!

4 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, I like bar stools. It is the best when your entertaining guests. Love it. All of them are wonderful but I have to say i love the last one a lot. Thanks for sharing :)

Lara said...

Oh I love them when entertaining, too! And I think they are so fun to sit on... lol. Plus, you can sit and someone else can stand and you're still at the same level!

Mom vs. the boys said...

bar stools are great, those ones are nice. so jealous that your parents took on the grandparenting role with style. my parents are only grandparents of convienence. meaning if it's inconvenient in anyway, they would rather not. :(

Jenn said...

I'm not sure which one I like the best ... but I love CSN! :D