Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 3 Weight Loss


Week 3 is done and I am still going for it! This alone is quite an accomplishment. This week's major challenge was that my daughter was sick. She ended up with double ear infections that were so bad that her left ear had a minor rupture. So at the end of the week my mind was only on one thing... her. I let her sleep on me all day, I played with her at any moment she felt like playing. So I didn't get much thought to healthy meals or exercise. The first night she was sick we ordered Dominos... oh man. And then the next night I made those Perdue breaded chicken cutlets. They're not terrible, but also not great. But they were so quick and easy and didn't require any thought so that was it!

Thankfully she is doing much better! She's been on antibiotics for 4 days now and is back to playing and being happy. We will go back in a couple of weeks to check that her ears are all cleared up and the rupture is healing properly.

So aside from the fact that I didn't eat great for half the week and didn't exercise, I did better in one area. I drank more water! Not as much as I need to... but more. I made a pitcher of Diet Snapple Pink Lemonade and it was really good. So I will do the same thing this week and hope that I will need to make 2 pitchers over the course of the week.

Now it is the moment of truth:


Starting Weight: 177.2
Week 1: 174.8
Week 2: 175
Week 3: 173.4
Weekly Gain/Loss: -1.6
Total Gain/Loss: -3.8
First Goal: 165 by March 31st

Not too bad! I will take it and work even harder this week. How did you all do?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I`m happy that your daughter is doing better! It is really good that you are drinking a lot of water. I have noticed that if I am hungry for no reason, when I drink water the hunger goes away!

Jenn said...

Glad she's doing better! Congrats on your weight loss!! Your doing great! Keep up the good work! :D

Krista said...

So great! I need to weigh myself today...but I feel like my clothes fit better. I still need to drink more water and exercise more...but I'm not a gym rat (too expensive for me) and this 6 degree weather in the northeast doesn't make outside walks/runs very enticing. Thanks for the continued inspiration!

Ambrosia said...

Great job!!!

Lara said...

Thanks ladies! It's a slow miving process... but at least it's moving!

S Club Mama said...

GREAT JOB! I've gained weight but I was sick and we moved...excuses excuses, right? :D

Mom vs. the boys said...

you did fab! I love to drink water, I probaby don't drink enough but I like it. I drank more when I worked in an office.

emmy's closet said...

Great job!! Glad to hear your daughter is feeling better...that's the worst! :(

Have you ever tried True Lemon or Lime? They make little single serve lemonade packs too. They are 100% natural and zero everything. They always help me drink more water, just that little something extra!

http://www.truelemonstore.com/ (they sell it anywhere, I get it at ShopRite)

Keep up the great work!

Lara said...

Thanks Ladies!!

Thanks Emmy's Closet... I am going to look for that!

daniii♥ said...

Congratulations on your loss! Keep up the great work.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

glad she's doing better and you're doing great on the loss

Show Me Mama said...

Don't you love it when they are being themselves again by playing and just being happy. I always look forward to that moment after they are sick. I am glad your daughter is doing better. You are really doing great on your loss. Keep us posted.