Monday, January 31, 2011

Week 4 Weight Loss

Ugh... this is getting frustrating. I need to try and stay positive and keep going, but I just can't seem to get myself in a good groove.  I partially blame winter. It's been so cold and snowy that I haven't really gotten out of the house much. Which means I am not exercising enough and I am way too close to my kitchen all day long. Also, with the snow days I have been craving comfort foods. Homemade chocolate chip cookies, hot chocolate, cake. It's bad.

I can fully admit that I did not do well this week. We went out to eat on Monday and I got the richest piece of peanut butter silk pie. It was so good. And I have also been snacking. I tried to keep busy during all the snow by cleaning and organizing my house. So I tackled my kitchen pantry. I went through all the snacks and checked all the expiration dates. I came across several things that were newly expired or expiring soon, so I made the food. I baked a cinnamon cake and a batch of chocolate pudding. Bad idea.

Needless to say, I gained this week. I gained back everything I lost last week. It's like last week and all my efforts never even happened. But I will do better. I have to do better!

The good news is that I am definitely drinking more water. I have even found myself thirsty at times. It's like my body is now remembering that it needs water and is starting to crave it. One small step, right?

Starting Weight: 177.2
Week 1: 174.8
Week 2: 175
Week 3: 173.4
Week 4: 175
Weekly Gain/Loss: +1.6
Total Gain/Loss: -2.2
First Goal: 165 by March 31st

How did everyone else do? What have been your challenges and successes?

8 comments:

Ambrosia said...

You WILL do better! It's so normal to have a bad day, or even a week. What's important is to re-focus and make good choices today. You are still at a loss over all! Good job!

Jenn said...

Lara, your doing fine! We all have difficult weeks and finding our balance can be so hard especially when it's winter and all you want to do is fill up and sleep! :D Your doing fine. Keep your head up and you'll be great!

Jennifer

Mom vs. the boys said...

I have been craving the high cal comfort foods too! warm cookies, yum! oh wait, that wasn't helpful at all. You know what else I love in the winter? Soup!

Lara said...

Thanks so much everyone! Your support means the world. And now I want soup... lol!

Anonymous said...

Don`t worry! what is important is to learn from our mistakes and not to repeat them! You would do better next week!

Daria @ Mom in Management said...

Losing weight the way we are doing it is a series of small choices toward healthier eating and living. That means allowing yourself a week to live (to cook the food in the pantry) and to not strangle yourself to the point you give up.

It is only one week. Today is a new day and next week is a new week. You will get there!

I am right there with you on the drinking water and craving it. I am surprised that I poured a glass of wine this weekend and only drank 1/2. I almost didn't recognize myself! A month ago that would never have happened.

Anyway, you are doing just fine and are making steady progress in the right direction. You'll get there!

Lara said...

Thanks so much! Sometimes you just need those little reminders to keep going!

maddy said...

Really your doing great ob here..keep up the good work. Thanks!

Weight Gain