Thursday, January 6, 2011

She Did Great.... I Survived

So our first "week" of childcare is over. I feel funny calling it a week when it's actually only two days. But I am very proud of both of us!  The drop off yesterday was tough. I cried. I don't really know why. I'm used to being away from her on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and now she's even closer to me then when she was home with my mother-in-law. I really think it was just my nerves. Would she like it? Would they take REALLY good care of her? Would the kids be nice? Yes, a whole lot of stressing. I think when they cut that umbilical cord you automatically grow an invisible one that can never be cut.

I did pretty well with the rest of the first day. I didn't want to go in and visit because I wasn't sure of how she would react. So I peeked through the window a couple of times and sent my co-worker in to check on her twice. She ended up having a great day and only cried at nap time. She also only took a 30 min nap, so last night she was passing out at the dinner table.

Today was great. I dropped her off no problem. Hugged and kissed her goodbye and didn't cry. I did the same thing and just peeked through the window. And I only sent my co-worker in once; and that was to see if she was sleeping during nap time. She wasn't. She slept for 20 minutes today. Yikes... my night is going to be fun!

I really thought I would have this big eventful post for you, but I am happy to report that I don't. When she woke up this morning I asked her of she wanted to go to school and she said "skoo" with a big smile. So I think she's having fun. I really feel comfortable with her teachers and all the kids seem so sweet. I think I've found a nice balance of working part time and having her be a part of group. The socialization and skills she will learn will be wonderful! I have a nice positive attitude, but of course will keep you all updated. I will probably be singing a different tune the first time she gets sick.

5 comments:

Amy Brown said...

What a relief that must be for you, I'm sure she's having a great time! My daughter goes to a montessori school within walking distance from my work and I feel comfortable knowing if anything happens I can be there in just a few minutes. Not that I've needed to go, but you know having them close by helps!

trooppetrie said...

I am so excited that it is going well for you. treat those childcare workers like queens.

Lara said...

Isn't it nice having them close, Amy? Walking distance is awesome!!

Oh yes, trooppetrie, the childcare workers are amazing! I am so grateful to them for making this week such a success for her!

Thank you both for all your support!

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, I know how you feel. I have been there and you feel lost but after a while your getting used to it. checking up on her is always great and it make you as the parent feel much better. I am glad she did great and that you feel fantastic. Can't wait to read more.

Jenn said...

I'm glad that it went so well for you! It's so hard to leave them with someone else but when it goes so well it makes your day much better!