Here we are on the very last day of June. July 4th weekend is ahead of us and what was a quiet, relaxing weekend has turned into the marathon of get togethers. We went from a weekend of laying by the lake at my parents house to graduation parties, BBQ's, charity events, family coming to town craziness. Can we make it feel like summer?
I know what I need to do. I need to break out my calendar and plan some summer activities. I need to set aside some days where we aren't rushing here and there and everywhere. And make those days just about us... the three of us. No extended family, no friends... just me, the hubs, and the babe.
So what will we do on those days...
- visit the ice cream shop - can you believe it's June 30th and we haven't been to my favorite ice cream shop once this season! It's a crime...
- go to the zoo - we went for Little Miss's birthday and it was the best! We took our time and wandered around.
- Sesame Place - I went as a kid and I cannot wait to take Little Miss! I just need to think of the perfect time so maybe it won't be super busy.
- picnic at the park - Seems so simple... but really, it needs to be planned in order for it to happen. I would love to play on the playground all morning.. have a picnic lunch... and stroll home in time for nap. Perfect day :) And maybe the ice cream man will be there!
- family movie night - Yep... simple. I want to crank up the AC.. pull out the blankets... turn out the lights and put in a great.... cartoon. Yeah, it will have to be a cartoon to keep Little Miss engaged. And of course there will have to be ice cream sundaes!
- s'mores - I want to make s'mores by a campfire.
I am going to accomplish all of these by the end of the summer! Well, that's my goal. Now I need to break out the good old calendar and start making some plans. It's never too soon to start family traditions and memories. And I know my little one will love every one of these activities!