While we can never predict the unexpected, we can do things within our routines to try and save some time. This way when those unexpected things pop up we can handle them in stride... sometimes.
I am going to share with you my 10 time saving tips.
1. Schedule meals - At the beginning of each week I create a schedule of meals that I post on the refrigerator. I use it as a reference when food shopping at the beginning of the week, so I know exactly what I need and when. This also saves me time throughout the week because I don't need to think about it and throw dinner together at the last second.
2. Pack lunches the night before - Now that my daughter goes to daycare three days a week those mornings are insane! By packing her lunch and mine the night before we save value minutes in the morning. I am also less likely to forget to pack something when I am not in a rush.
3. The necessities basket - I have a basket that I keep in my family room that is filled with necessities. I keep it in the family room because that's the room I am in the most. During the summer it has sunscreen, a sun hat, diapers, wipes, a change of clothes, and socks. This way when something comes up and we need to hurry out the door I don't have to run all over the house looking for something. It saves me a lot of time in the morning when I need to get sunscreen on before we walk out the door.
4. Pack a bag- I always try and keep my most used bags packed. This includes the diaper bag, which I inspect after each use to make sure I replaced anything I used up. This way I can grab it and go. I also do this with a beach bag in the summer.
5. Keep to a schedule - Since I work two days a week I have a schedule of chores for the other two days. I know when to do laundry, when to clean the bathrooms, when to food shop. This way I tend not to forget to get something done since I have a set day for it.
6. Shop online - LOVE this! I try and do all my shopping online. Yes, this includes food shopping. I feel like this is a major time saver as I don't have to get my daughter in and out of the car. I don't have to time errands around nap time. And I don't have to lug a child and a bunch of bags. Having things delivered to your door... priceless.
7. Cook ahead - Sometimes you know a night is just going to be crazy. When I know we have one of those nights coming up I do one of two things. I either buy a frozen meal or I cook a meal in advance so all I have to do is heat it up. Major time saver!
8. Ask for help - whether you have family in the area or hire a mother's helper for an afternoon. When you give yourself some time when you can focus on a task or tasks you are bound to save yourself time in the end. It's easier to get things done when you don't have to worry about the kids at the same time.
9. Organize - Keep yourself organized and you will save tons of time. I make lists of things I need to do and organize papers, appointments, anything I need for the week. I also organize all my coupons on the weekend so I know they are ready to go when I hit up a store.
10. Relax and go with the flow - We can't avoid the craziness of life. But if we accept it and take it in stride we will save ourselves from added stress. Try and prepare yourself for the "what if's" and laugh when life throws them at you! Remember, you're not in this alone!
Starbucks knows how busy we are and have created something that just may come in handy!
Starbucks for Android™ and the Starbucks Card Mobile App for BlackBerry®, iPhone® or iPod® Touch have five core features:
- Pay with your phone: Enjoy the fastest, more convenient way to pay at nearly 9,000 Starbucks locations. Just download the app, enter your Starbucks Card number, scan and go.
- Manage your card account: Access your Starbucks Card balance directly from your phone.
- Reload your card balance: Use your smartphone to reload your Starbucks Card using any major credit card.
- Check your My Starbucks Rewards status: Find out how close you are to earning your next free drink.
- Find nearby Starbucks stores: Save time by finding a Starbucks store near you.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Starbucks blogging program, for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”