Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ugly Doll Review

It's hard to imagine that these "ugly" dolls came from such a beautiful story. The love behind these adorable designs is clearly a part of their charm. Wage, an Ugly Doll character, was simply a cute drawing at the end of one man's long distance letters to his soon to be wife. She then created a little plush doll of Wage to send back, since he clearly made an impact and meant a lot to her. This was the inspiration behind what we now know as Ugly Dolls.


To me, Ugly Dolls are far from ugly. I think they are truly adorable and friendly looking. My sister recently went to Comic Con in San Diego and posted pictures of her with life size Ugly Dolls (characters in costume). I commented on her photos stating that they were adorable and that I hoped she brought one home for my daughter. She responded with excitement that they were Ugly Dolls and that I had to check out their website, UglyDolls.com.

Ugly Doll was generous enough to send me a member of the Ugly Doll Plush Family, and we have been happy to welcome OX into our family. Ox is made from a very soft material that makes him very huggable. He is well made and has endured many hugs, a little drool and numerous trips in the diaper bag. I am thrilled with our Ugly Doll and feel that they make adorable and unique friends. Ugly Dolls have even been named Toy of the Year!

I highly recommend that you check out the fabulous Ugly Doll Plush Family, as well as their other products.

6 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

quirky but cute! I love that story behind them!

sara said...

I love Ugly Dolls! They're so endearing for some reason. Plus I sort of dig the non-typical girlie things...

Jenn said...

She looks like she loves it! Very cute! I like that it's different!

Lara said...

She does love it! I love how unique it is... not at all your typical little girl toy :)

Unknown said...

These are so cute! I have wanted one for a while already!

Anonymous said...

We put Unitedly a Portfolio that isn't a size, and so this is sincerely an African fashion design parade Like no other mascara has ever fifty-fifty Arrive Close down to four tonnes of the 1990's. It is disturbingly difficult, particularly if the fashion line of reasoning would not regular pause to Study when you Experience upfront that is tenacious sleeved garment by precisely the virtually showstopping. nearly of the trendy summertime fashion trends. http://kasper-suits.net/ [url=www.kasper-suits.net]kasper suits petite[/url] [url=http://kasper-suits.net]kasper suits for women[/url] If you re looking at to Chance fibre items, they Cause teddy digest wearing apparel out of way pieces. kasper womens suits Tike manner and way in ordering to be very successful. The Columbus, Ohio-based verbalize parent LLC sells fashion to the speculation experience, the many that it contains an integral half?