Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sweet N Sassy Tots Review and Interview!!

I am excited to tell you that I have done my first interview! I come across these wonderful shops on Etsy and I often wonder how people got started or what their story is. So after coming across the fabulous shop, Sweet N Sassy Tots, I decided this was the perfect place to try something new!!

Sweet N Sassy Tots offers a great selection of hand crafted items for young children. But the thing that stood out to me the most was that they offered monogramming on all of their products! I love personalized products for my baby girl... so to me this shop was special. I contacted Melanie, from Sweet N Sassy Tots, and she was kind enough to send me a beautiful personalized Pillow Case dress with a matching bow for review... and she also answered some questions for you!!


How did you learn how to sew? I took a few classes at Jo-Ann's after buying my machine, but for the most part I learned as I went.
 
What made you start your Etsy Shop?
I had a website and unfortunately I didn't get many orders. My website fees were eating up all my profit. So a friend introduced me to Etsy and I was hooked! The fees are low and thousands of people browse it everyday. It's a very easy and affordable way to share my love of making children's things with everyone. I'm on there everyday and constantly check out new items that are listed.

What other items do you make for your shop? Bows, ribbon socks, towel wraps, crayon rolls, monogrammed bloomers and boxers,onesies, burp cloths, wipee cases, and hooded towels. I can monogram and applique almost anything.

Is there anything that you think my readers would find interesting about you? I started sewing when my daughter was about 1, she is now 3. I was looking for a cute and affordable outfit and I had a hard time finding one so I decided to make one. My husband and I discussed getting a sewing/monogramming machine and then we went out and got it. I made my first pillow case dress and couldn't stop after that. I'm a teacher and someone is always having a baby at my school. This has been perfect for me because it gives me an opportunity to make things for my friends and try new designs. I also have a son who is 4 mths so my sewing/monogramming has been on the back burner for a couple of months. Now that school is out I'm going to stock my shop and try new things and hopefully, cross your fingers, come up with some boy things :) This seems to be my new challenge.  I hope to one day open a children's boutique and sell my things and others who share my passion too.

Thank you, Melanie, for sharing your talent with us! Melanie has also been generous enough to offer all my readers 10% off when they mention Momma Drama in the notes to seller! So hurry over and take advantage of this fabulous opportunity!!

Be sure to check out all that Sweet N Sassy Tots has to offer! I am sure you will fall in love with the prints and the quality!!

0 comments: