Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rite Aid Photo Gifts - Review

I love photo gifts. I think they make such a personal gift that the person receiving will treasure forever. I have given a lot of photo gifts in the past, and now that I have a beautiful little girl everyone loves to get things with her picture on them. I have never ordered a photo gift from Rite Aid, but I have one right around the corner from my house so I was excited to give it a try!

For this review I was able to choose any two photo gifts that they offer. This was challenging since they have such a huge selection. They offer everything from coffee mugs and mouse pads to sweat shirts and pillows. They even have canvas prints in variety of sizes. I finally decided to order a Keepsake Box and a 16x20 Canvas Print.

The ordering process was very simple. I registered on the website and then uploaded some photos. Then I was able to put different photos in to see how they looked. I really liked that I could see what they would look like because I actually found a couple of pictures that didn't look good with the shape of the Keepsake Box.

I placed the order online and choose to do the in-store pick up. I then received an e-mail letting me know when my items had shipped. But I didn't receive a phone call when they arrived, I had to call and check in a few times to see if they were there yet. A phone call that they had arrived would have been great, but the e-mail gave me an estimated time of arrival (5-7 days) so I had an idea of when to start checking in.

The only issue I encountered was at pick up. I sent my husband to pick up the items and he came home empty handed saying they were insisting that he had to pay for the items. So I went back with the e-mail receipt in hand and they still wanted me to pay. I guess there was a mix-up somewhere. The receipt and the product had the same product number and they still did not want to give it to me without paying. After a long conversation they took a copy of my license, a copy of my receipt, and sent me on my way with my items. I felt a little uneasy leaving under those conditions but didn't know what else to do.

When I got home I opened the items and was very pleased. The quality was great and the pictures were super clean and beautiful. I am very happy with the results and would hope that with a normal order (as opposed to a review order like this one) the pick up process would be much smoother. I think I will give them another shot considering how happy I am with the products and how convenient their location is to me.

5 comments:

trooppetrie said...

they do look like great pictures. I remember using rite aid growing up but I never think to try them now

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, that is really lovely. This would make such a great gift. Thanks for sharing

Lara said...

Yeah, the pictures came out really clear!

Jenn said...

Awh! I love it! They look really great! I've never heard of rite aid. I'm always looking for a good place to print my pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Personalised Baby Gifts said...

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your reviews about the photo gifts. This is really very impressive. I got to know much necessary information about how to order and purchase these gifts from online.