I recently had the wonderful experience of dining at the Westwood, NJ Melting Pot. Everything from the service to the food was amazing. They are featuring a special fondue this holiday season and have been kind enough to share the recipe with me and you!
Bourbon Bacon Cheddar Fondue
Yield: 4-6 servings
2¾ cups (11 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup beer (light beer recommended)
4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
4 teaspoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon bourbon
2 tablespoons chopped cooked bacon
2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
4 teaspoons chopped scallions
1. Toss the cheese with the flour in a bowl.
2. Place a metal bowl over a saucepan filled with 2 inches of water. (Or use a conventional double boiler.) Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce the heat to medium. Pour the beer into the bowl. With a fork, stir in the horseradish, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Add half the cheese mixture; cook until the cheese is melted, stirring constantly. Add the remaining cheese a small amount at a time, stirring constantly in a circular motion after each addition until the cheese is melted.
5. Pour the bourbon slowly around the edge of the bowl. Pull the cheese mixture away from the edge of the bowl; cook for about 30 seconds or until the alcohol cooks off. Stir the bourbon into the cheese. Fold in the bacon and pepper.
6. Pour into a warm fondue pot and keep warm over low heat. Garnish with scallions.
My husband and I are really excited to try making this for our holiday guests!
This recipe comes from their cookbook, "Dip into Something Different." This book is available at their store for only $29.95. This book of recipes would make a great holiday a gift, as would a gift card! I highly recommend The Melting Pot and couldn't suggest a better experience than the one at the Westwood, NJ location.