Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 8 Weight Loss (or Should I Say Gain)


I wasn't even going to do this post today. I knew this week was going to be bad. I can flat out admit that it has been the worst week since January 1st in terms of my eating. It was so bad that I actually had dreams last night that I went to weigh in and had gained 15 pounds. So I was just gonna skip this week and try really hard to get back on track for next week. But then I remembered why I am doing this on my blog. I am accountable to you, my loyal readers. I owe it to you and myself to be honest through it all.

So the ugly, honest truth? I ate two boxes of Popem donuts in 4 days. Are you cringing right now? I am. It all started with the fact that a 7-11 opened down the street from our neighborhood. So we decided to stop in one night and check it out. My plan was to get something like a small slurpy. Nope, I spotted the Popems and went to town eating them on the couch all night.

The next day I finished the Popems (my husband and daughter had some... but I had the majority) and I went into a major crave freak out. I called my husband at work and asked him to bring home more. Isn't that the sign of a problem?

So then on Saturday I decided that I better make up for it and do some exercise. It was a beautiful day so we took the baby for a nice loooong walk. A two hour walk to be exact. But about half way through I started to have a lot of pain in my knee. I don't know why (maybe I'm just really out of shape?) but I now have a big, ugly, swollen knee that hurts to walk on.

So my plan for the week was to exercise and eat well so that I could get back on track. Now exercise seems to be out of the picture. But none the less, I let myself down big time this past week and I don't intend to make that mistake again.

The results:
Starting Weight: 177.2
Week 1: 174.8
Week 2: 175
Week 3: 173.4
Week 4: 175
Week 5: 174.4
Week 6: 174
Week 7: 173.4
Week 8: 175.8
Weekly Gain/Loss: +2.4
Total Gain/Loss: -1.4

First Goal: 165 by March 31st
 
This is a huge blow. I have erased several weeks of small loses in one week of a big gain. My goal now seems to be unrealistic, but I am going to keep working at it. Lesson learned!

7 comments:

ChinaDoll said...

oh Lara, loosing weight and being healthy is really hard :( but we need to exert a lot of effort :) Goodluck dear!

♥hugs♥
coLine
www.thepinkchinadoll.com

Jenn said...

The positive thing, is you realize what your doing wrong and you can still fix it. Don't focus on the bad .. think about your start and what your at now .. nice to see a negative, still right? I've been reading a lot of weight loss blogs and seeing their results has been one of the biggest motivators to me. I have the same problem with donuts, btw. I had to force myself to go home and eat cherrios this morning instead of stopping to get my old daily habit of 42oz dp & 2 donuts, gross right - sad that i still crave it. Next week, you'll rock it! :)

katiecupcakes said...

Hey honey! I'm doing weight watchers right now (started today!) bc they changed a whole bunch of things and are even better than they used to be. If you sign up online right now (and for the next week I think?) they waive the sign up fee. Worth looking into! It's easier than it used to be.

Unknown said...

Hey chica! Don't feel bad. We all have those weeks! I was the same way with all the cooking out and the fried pickles. LOL. That just means we have to get back on track this week.

Lara said...

Thanks everyone!! Your support means so much to me! I am off to check out the Weight Watchers online program!

Mom vs. the boys said...

oh no, sorry to hear about the knee

Show Me Mama said...

Your doing fantastic. Remember don't push yourself too hard ok. It's not easy but after everything you mentioned, your doing great. keep us posted!.