Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Children's Book Review - Melvin the Magnificent Molar By Julia Cook and Laura Jana M.D.


Melvin the Magnificent Molar, by Julia Cook and Laura Jane M.D., is a fabulous book for kids! The illustrations, by Allison Valentine, are great! It's bright and cheerful and can draw a child's attention. But what I love most about this book is the message.

Good dental care is really important and I know it can be tough to instill that upon young children. This books take a child through the steps you should take to keep your mouth happy! It's done in a fun and upbeat way, but it also covers the important tasks like brushing and flossing. And don't forget Melvin all the way in the back!

It also talks about going to the dentist. It presents this experience as a very positive and important one. They discuss the process and what a child should expect. Melvin is very excited to go to the dentist for the first time, so this would be a great book to read to your child before their first or next visit!

You can purchase Melvin the Magnificent Molar from Julia Cook's website for only $9.95 plus tax/shipping. While you're there be sure to check out Julia's other books! And be sure to visit Dr. Laura Jana's site, too! She has a great selection of parenting books that you won't want to miss!

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

my kids love the dentist...I know they are crazy. This book looks cute.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing, Lara! I enjoyed reading your post.

I'm impressed with this book review of Melvin the Magnificent Molar. Also, I agree with you when you said that dental care is essential. My kids love the dentist too. We have no problems bringing them along on dental appointments, especially my son James. He loves the dentist. Chattanooga, TN is our new hometown as we just transferred here last year. Yet, we were able to find the best Chattanooga dentists for my family.

children dentists said...

Great blog! The idea you share is more helpful for me. Thank for sharing!

children dentists