Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fun to Be One!

I can't even believe that my baby girl is turning one on Monday! We are having her birthday party on Saturday and I have been in pure party planning mode for months. So what do I have planned?

It's going to be a backyard party.... fingers crossed for good weather! We usually BBQ, but I really want to enjoy this party so we decided to have it catered.

It's going to be a cupcake theme and all in pink and purple. So I baked 54 cupcakes that will be displayed in cupcake stands and a GIANT cupcake that really has no function but pictures.... so I guess I'll eat it :) And I also made sugar cookies that I painted with frosting to have pink and purple tops. Then I wrote her name on some and then number one on others with icing pens.

I painted flower pots white with pink polka dots and a pink rim. Then on the rim I wrote "It's Fun to Be One." There will be purple flowers in these.

I made a slide show of pictures set to music. It covers all the major events of her first year and makes me cry every time I watch it! This was really fun to make and I mailed a copy to my grandparents who couldn't travel to the party.

The gift table will have her first birthday portrait along with the scrapbook that I made for her.

So this is the party in a nut shell. I will be sure to post pictures after the big event is over!

I'm so excited about this first birthday that I went ahead and made a special week long event with some fabulous sponsors! Starting on Monday I will be doing reviews and giveaways for fun party themed items! We have tutu's and birthday onesies and so much more! You won't want to miss this!!!