Friday, May 14, 2010

Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil Review

Image of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil - 32 oz from Tropical 
Traditions. This certified organic product is a healthy cooking oil and 
high in antioxidants.
I'm a little hesitant to admit this because I'm not sure how many people would agree with me, but I had never heard of coconut oil before I learned about Tropical Traditions. When I came across their website I was very interested to learn more about the possibility of replacing other oils in my life.

I am always looking for things that will make my life better and healthier without really "changing" my life. I am pretty set in my cooking style at this point. While I would love to expand my skills and make new things... I just don't have time! I have my list of things I can make with my eyes closed and that's what I make. And a lot of that is stuff that's cooked in oil. I bread chicken in oil.... I make french fries... veggies for pasta... everything cooks in oil.

So when I learned that I could continue to cook the way I do and eliminate a lot of the icky stuff from regular vegetable oils I was excited. Then my husband commented when it arrived that it might taste funny... or coco-nutty. But we went ahead and gave it a try. The food tasted great! It was almost as if everything tasted lighter. It's hard to explain, but we felt good after eating. We didn't feel greasy or heavy. That's never a good way to feel!

I've slowly been incorporating the coconut oil into more of my recipes and have been very pleased. Now that I'm getting over my hesitations I'm excited to see what else I can use it for!!

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I tried a different brand of Coconut oil, but still good.

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

I'm your newest follower! Stopping by from Blog Hop Friday!

www.marvelousmommy.com

Nikki said...

Thanks for stopping by!! I'm following you back. I just recently heard of coconut oil too! Happy Friday!

My New Life As Mom said...

New from blog hop friday! Thanks for linking up!

Love the idea of using coconut oil! Sounds like it would taste lighter, like you said. YUM! Makes me think of coconut prawns. YUMMO!