Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Big Event Fundraising

As a teacher, I am very familiar with the various forms of school fundraising. Some people love them, some people don't. But the fact of the matter is that for many schools these fundraisers are a crucial part of them being able to provide their students with a lot of the things they offer.

I remember being in school and doing fundraisers like bake sales and fun days at school where we would sell things and have games. These were always fun for the kids, but tough on parents. Lately schools have been going with a much more organized approach and selling goods through a company.

I find this approach beneficial in a couple of different ways. The first being that all parents can be involved. It's not an event that happens at the school during the day that's difficult for many parents to get to. The other is that it's easier to sell to people you know and kind of eliminate the door-to-door stuff that lots of parents would rather their kids not do. You can easily call up your aunts, uncles, grandparents and sell, sell, sell!

I think the most important thing is to offer school fundraiser ideas that people want. I think this is so important! How many times have you felt obligated to purchase from your co-worker, but you really don't want or need anything they are selling? Big Event Fundraising offers great products that people will love! I mean really, I would buy cookie dough from everyone!

Big Event Fundraising also stands out in the crowd as a great place to go for all your fundraising needs because of their prize programs. I was so excited to check out their website and see that they offer activities as prizes, as well the traditional prizes. For example: they offer a magic show and a reptile adventure. These are two very cool programs that your kids will find fun and they will learn a lot. I think this is a fantastic idea, something different, and something motivating!

I would recommend that you check out Big Event Fundraising to see their great products and prize programs for elementary, middle, and high school fundraisers!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I think fundraisers are great!! Sounds like a great fundraising company! ;)

Mom vs. the boys said...

oh how I loathe fundraising, I would rather make a donation than get our kids to sell. we have no one to sell too, our family lives 3hours away!

Lara said...

Oooo that does make it harder. I prefer to sell to family and friends over the door to door.