Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Potty Tots Review


Ahhhh, potty training. I think it's one of those bittersweet moments in a parents life. We are happy to see the expensive diapers go by the wayside, and happy to cut back on the time we spend changing diapers. My daughter had gotten to the point where a typical diaper change could have gotten us into a wrestling competition. She didn't want to hold still for a moment!

I started to think about potty training when my daughter turned one and started to do research and ask questions at about 18 months. Shortly after she started to show some of the signs. It's so hard to know when they are ready! My daughter would go into a corner to poop and then come out and point to her bottom and say "I poo!" But she wasn't telling me before and she wasn't telling me when she was wet. It was a guessing game as to whether or not she was ready.

Finally we decided to give it a go and kind of let it be on her terms with lots of support from us. Boy am I glad we have the Potty Tots Training Kit to help us help her!

The Potty Tots Program is the most FUN children will have when potty training! Our motto is based on the common little toddler phrase, “I can do it, all by myself!” By encouraging this independence, children build confidence and self esteem. The interactive program features the adorable Potty Tots that sing and dance to teach the six steps of potty training. 

Honestly, she's not the only one learning from this kit. They offer a boys kit and a girls kit. We have the girls kit and it has made the process so much more fun and interactive. We can talk about the characters and she has someone to relate to and kind of follow. The illustrated pictures are great for reminding her what comes next.

The kit consists of:
  •  A story/guide book
  •  Animated DVD -featuring three original Potty Tots songs and 2 bonus music videos
  •  One 11"X17" Illustrated potty chart (easily wipes clean with damp cloth)
  •  One 11"X17" Toilet Bowl" progress/reward game with clings (easily wipes clean with damp cloth)
This kit has helped to get my husband and I on the same page and have a routine that we both follow with my daughter. It has also helped my daughter to feel more involved. I'm not going to sugar coat this and say that when you use this kit you will have no trouble potty training. That's certainly not the case with us. This is a process that we are working on and will be working on for awhile, but the kit is a great tool and only costs $19.95. You can check out their website for more details and to order!

1 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

This looks great...We are pass that stage, but my friend who is going through that stage with her son, would just love this. Thanks for sharing :)