Thursday, April 28, 2011

ebeanstalk.com Review


I spend a lot of time browsing the Internet for what I "think" would be good toys for my daughter. I have purchased puzzles that my daughter was no where near ready for. I have purchased toys that were too young for her and ended up never getting used. I have guessed my way along the way and have succeeded and failed. I think this is pretty typical for parents. As a teacher I thought I would be a little more on the ball. I thought I had an edge because I knew about child development and knew the importance of finding educational toys that are engaging and fun. But my experience has only taken me so far and I still often find myself stumped as I hunt for toys for 2 year olds.

ebeanstalk.com is a great site for helping to navigate those unknown waters. Picking out toys for your children should be an exciting and fun task, but when you are lost it can seem daunting. ebeanstalk.com takes the guess work out of finding developmentally appropriate toys. They have compiled a team of experts that include an occupational therapist, physical therapist, speech-language pathologist, special educator, and clinical psychologist. This team has selected the best learning toys and then matched them to each stage of development.

The site is easy to navigate and has allowed me to search for the top selling toys for 2 year olds in no time at all. You can even narrow it down and search for toys for 2 year old girls or toys for 2 year old boys. I also really like that when you look at an item it lists the age and then a target age, which may be a bit more specific. For example the age may be 2 but the target age may be 2.5. This is key because it really does illustrate how quickly children develop at this young age and how something may not be ideally appropriate at 2 but right on target at 2.5.

I think that ebeanstalk.com offers a nice selection of items in an organized and accessible way. I have enjoyed browsing the different age groups and feel like I've had a better glimpse into what my daughter will be playing with at some different developmental stages. I would recommend that you check out the site and see all that they have to offer.

1 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

I love that idea. I am always lost when selecting toys for my daughter and eventually ask her what she likes. But this place looks great and will help me a lot. Love how it is really easy to navigate and how I can just select her age range to find the right toys for her. Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a great day!