Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide: J.A.S.F. Review

Here's a great gift idea for the teen or guy in your life! I didn't feel qualified to write this review, so I used my expert video game reviewer.... my husband. Here is what he had to say about Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters:


I'm a big fan of flight simulator video games.  There's nothing like being in a dogfight with an enemy jet, hearing that radar lock on before launching your rockets and watching the enemy blowup.  However, now that I'm a dad, I don't have time to play the traditional flight sims.  There are too many options and it takes too long to get into a mission and play it through.


At least, that's what I thought before my wife showed me J.A.S.F.  I was skeptical at first, because I knew how complicated these games can be.  But this one is different. What's great about this game is that I can turn it on, play a mission or two and get my video game fix before the munchkin is up from her nap!  Before each mission you are presented with your objectives, given a choice of airplanes (you can unlock new planes after each mission!!) and prepare for takeoff.  That's it!  You don't have to configure your airplane or worry about plotting your course.

Once you are in your mission, the controls are intuitive and the graphics are great.  I experienced no slowdown even in the most hectic dogfights.  And it's great fun to keep unlocking the new planes and taking them for a spin in the new missions.  Each plane has different weapons and abilities, so it keeps the game fresh!  I recommend this game for the busy parents who enjoy video games, but don't have the time anymore to devote hours to playing.


Available on multiple platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, and PC), Jane’s Advanced Strike Fighters (J.A.S.F.) is the most recent installment of the Jane’s Combat Simulation franchise and is rated T for Teens by the ESRB.


2 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, my husband still plays games like these. He will go into the media room and keeps playing for hours until he smells food and he comes out :). But he sure would love this game. Thanks for sharing!

Indian Fashion said...

Beautiful Review ! great your idea