Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide: Zumba Fitness 2 Review


Featuring hot new music tracks, electrifying choreography, new venues and double the number of dance styles from the original video game, the Zumba® Fitness 2video game invites players to party their way into shape with a fun and proven program. Get moving with amazing Zumba® presenters, Beto, Tanya Beardsley and Gina Grant as they guide you through each exhilarating routine, ranging from Merengue and Hip-Hop to Bollywood and Latin Pop. For the first time, players can customize their own class with their favorite routines and track calories burned.  Whether playing in Single Song, Full Class or multiplayer mode with support for up to four dancers, players will have a blast with this unique dance-fitness experience that shapes, tones and transforms their bodies, and makes them forget they’re even exercising.


My goal when I'm exercising is to not realize I'm doing it. I am one of those people who really does not enjoy going to the gym or going for a run. But I love to dance! It's the only way to get my heart pumping and still keep a smile on my face. So I had a feeling I would really like the new Zumba Fitness 2 game for the Wii.

I had never tried the first version, but I did take a Zumba class in the past. So I knew it was the type of exercise I would enjoy. But I had to stop taking the class because it was too difficult for me to get there with a toddler at home. Zumba Fitness 2 allows me to work out, have fun, and be at home! Perfect for nap time... mommy gets to do her thing while the baby sleeps.

One of the things I really like about this game is that it comes with a Zumba belt. You put your Wii remote in this belt so you are completely hands free. I feel like this made a really big difference in my being able to enjoy dancing! I have a few dancing games for the Wii that you have to hold the remote and feel like I spend a lot of time focusing on how I'm holding it, if I have a tight enough grip, and so on. So it was really nice to be able to just dance and do my thing without holding the remote.

I also love the music and all the options. Whether I want to dance by myself led by a super star Zumba instructor, or get in the groove with a group of friends. The variety is fantastic from the different types of music and artists, to the different play modes, to the backgrounds and locations you can go to! Tons of fun!

Developed by Zoe Mode, Zumba® Fitness 2 for Wii™ is rated T for Teen and available now for the suggested retail price of $39.99.Zumba® Fitness Rush will launch on Kinect™ for Xbox 360® in February 2012.

4 comments:

karenmed409 said...

Heard alot about the Zumba.. Thinking of adding this one to our teens stocking.!
thanks for sharing.

Lara said...

I think it would be great for teens!

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, this would definitely be something I would love to do. It will be so much fun! Thanks for sharing :)

Luxury Hotels said...

wow nice holiday gift . Nice tips share so thanks