Monday, October 25, 2010

Preschool is Cool! Counting With Elmo DVD Review

We are huge Elmo fans in this house! My daughter gets so excited when she hears his voice, so when we had the opportunity to review on of the newest Elmo DVD's we were excited!


Preschool is Cool! Counting with Elmo was released on September 10, 2010 and has a run time of 50 minutes. As always, Sesame Street takes a humorous route with Professor Grover having trouble remembering his numbers. So he turns to Elmo and the class to help. It's very cute and fun.

The DVD focuses on simple counting, but also talks about skip counting which is definitely above what we are working on with my 16 month old. She is used to us counting things and recognizes that skill, but I don't think she could follow along with the skip counting. I don't really see that has a problem though. She is getting reinforcement with her counting and being exposed to something new that may spark something with her down the road.

I love that my daughter enjoys watching Elmo and all of his friends from Sesame Street because they provide a fun learning experience. I will be showing my daughter this DVD for the next couple of years as she builds math skills and gets ready for preschool. It also sends a positive message about preschool and could be helpful when getting ready for that transition.

 You can also check out the other great DVD's featuring Elmo and the Sesame Street Gang!

4 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

we are big elmo and grover fans here too! looks like a good DVD

Jenn said...

We love that video! :D

Show Me Mama said...

Who doesn't love Elmo? We just love Elmo in our house. I think Elmo and Grover just look a like they just have different colors :)

Lara said...

haha so true! My daughter sometimes mixes them up :) She calls Elmo Nana because of the beginning of the Elmo's World song...lol!