Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Geometry of Pasta - Book Review

Did you know that there are more than 300 shapes of pasta? And that each shape was designed for a particular reason to be served with certain foods? I had no idea! So when I was given the opportunity to review The Geometry of Pasta, written by critically acclaimed chef Jacob Kennedy and illustrated by award wining designer Caz Hildebrand, I jumped at the chance!

I love to cook. I really do. But, with a 16 month old running around my time in the kitchen is limited so I often find myself going back to my old familiar recipes. The dinner table is.... well, boring. We don't shake things up nearly enough. So as I flipped through this cookbook I was thrilled to see that there is a huge variety of recipes for all kinds of cooks.

Here is a little about this unique cookbook:
THE GEOMETRY OF PASTA pairs over 100 authentic recipes from acclaimed chef Jacob Kennedy with award-winning designer Caz Hildebrand's stunning black-and-white designs to reveal the science, culture, and philosophy behind spectacular pasta dishes from throughout Italian history.

With an Italian husband, I have a big job to try and create pasta dishes that live up to his mother's. With this book I am well on my way! Not only do I have some great recipes to follow, but I also have the knowledge for pasta perfection! 

The book is so well written. It's easy to read because the author breaks everything down for us non pasta historians to understand. The translations of the names of the pasta alone are so helpful! Did you know that Farfalle means butterflies? Makes sense! And the black and white design makes it easy to read while still providing the visuals that I need! This book is a must for pasta lovers!

The Geometry of Pasta is published by Quirk Books and is listed for $24.95.

1 comments:

Inspiring You To Save! said...

I'm your newest follower thanks to the blog hops! I hope you can stop by and follow back at

http://www.inspiringyou2save.com.

My site offers 2 weekly blog hops (Mon & Weds), store matchups, a coupons database, free samples, giveaways and so much more. I look forward getting to know you.