Saturday, November 13, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide - Amber's Garden Review

Amber’s Garden Ready-to-Plant Vegetable Garden Mats help children understand where their food comes from. Amber’s Garden Ready-to-Plant, Vegetable Garden Mats make gardening easy for everybody, with no transplanting necessary. Each mat comes with seeds already spaced, enveloped in a material that is 100% biodegradable. It can be grown indoors in a container or outside in the ground. Amber’s Garden offers several varieties of vegetable kits – Asian, Herb, Salsa, Pumpkin, Salad, Rainbow Crop, and Summer Crop. Amber’s Garden products are available in retail stores Plow and Hearth and on-line at Target.com.
 I had the opportunity to review one of the Amber's Garden mats. I am really excited about this product. I haven't had a chance to plant mine because the weather was already turning cold and I wanted to make the most of this experience, so I have decided to wait until spring. But I did take it out and open it up to see what it's all about.

This has the be the easiest way to help introduce your kids to gardening and the whole educational experience you can create with this! 
Each pre-seeded vegetable garden mat comes with seeds already spaced, enveloped in a material called Raylene made of plant fiber & burlap that is 100% biodegradable and acts as a weed barrier for the first 8-10 weeks. Gardeners simply roll out mats in a sunny spot of amended garden soil, cover with soil, and water. 

That's it! That's all you have to do to get your very own garden started. This is a great way to have fun gardening with your kids. I don't have a green thumb, so this is the way for me to go. I wish I had known about these when I was teaching third grade because this would have been a perfect project to do with the kids. It could also be a great girl scout or boy scout project. The possibilities are endless! And don't we moms love things that make our jobs easier?!?


You can check out all the different varieties of mats on the official website.

2 comments:

Show Me Mama said...

This is something I definitely like to have for the little one. We can now work on our vegetable garden. Looks easy to do. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lara said...

Isn't it a brilliant idea? I love how easy it makes it! Less intimidating for those of us with a...umm... black thumb... hehe!