Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide - A Homemade Christmas - Book Review


I love to do lots of entertaining during the holiday season! And each year I have pretty much the same groups of people over. Therefore, I am always trying to make my home and the food I prepare a little different so there is always something new to notice!

This year our family is on a little bit of a tighter budget. So when I was given the opportunity to review the book A Homemade Christmas, by Tina Barseghian and illustrated by Alison Kendall, I jumped at the chance! This book is full of earth-friendly, frugal, festive ideas!

What I love about this book is that everything in it is easy to do. They take simple materials (often things you have around the house anyway) and give you great ideas on how to make the ordinary extraordinary!  I love the idea they have of taking a plain old planter and turning it onto a mosaic! It makes that poinsettia plant look even more festive. They also have instructions for making a Sock Monkey. I have always wanted to make one of those!

But aside from having some creative projects and decorating tips, they also provide you with tips for cooking and baking and activities to do that don't cost anything! Start up a caroling group, take some time out of your busy schedule and volunteer, plan a holiday movie night. It's a great book to get the creative juices flowing and have some affordable holiday fun!



This book retails for $14.95 and is published by Harlequin.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Great guide! I would also recommend MetroFlats.com gift cards.

Unknown said...

I love this book. There's a couple of things in it we're going to try.

Jenn said...

This book looks great! I'm dying to get this. I love handmaking things and this year i'm going all out since i'm hosting my friend Christmas. :D Yea!