Friday, November 12, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide - Monkey Monkey Music Review

 
What is Monkey Monkey Music?


Monkey Monkey Music is a children's music program developed by Meredith LeVande, an educator and songwriter who has close to a decade of experience working with preschool aged children. Monkey Monkey Music is a continuously evolving project that's committed to conscious and quality based music and media which puts the best interests of children first. Learning and music is a fun, joyous, experience for children, which is why Meredith's collection of songs and live performances continuously engage both children and adults for years on end. Celebrations can be educational, and education should be fun which is why her shows, parties and programs are so successful.

I recently had the opportunity to review Meredith's CD, What are the Odds, as well as her soon to be released DVD, Monkey Monkey Music the Vidoes. After listening to Meredith's CD I was very excited to check out the DVD. My daughter loved wiggling to the upbeat tunes!

When I put the DVD in my daughter kept moving closer and closer to the tv. It was so funny because she kept walking in place and bouncing, but she didn't take her eyes off the tv. She wasn't really dancing....just constantly moving. I think the bright colors and fun images had her mesmerized. She also loves to see kids on tv, so this must have been attracting her, too.

I am a big fan of Meredith's music. I love the variety of her songs. She covers a varieties of styles and keeps kids and parents interested. That's a tough ting to do! I also love that her songs have educational value. And it's great that the DVD offers different songs than the CD!

Monkey Monkey Music the Videos will be available on December 1st.... just in time for the holidays!  You can learn more and pre-order your copy at the official website.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

That looks like that would be a fun cd! Thats too cute that she inches towards the tv. Sounds like my girls. thanks for sharing your review!

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, I love this CD- It is so much fun to dance on. I know I have done it quite a bit along with the little one. Very easy on the ears. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

Lara said...

You can't help but dance to this one!